Looking for an easy way to improve your health this new year?
Start with hydration. Water is an essential ingredient of life and too many of us take this for granted. Some studies estimate that as much as 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. Every system in the body relies on H2O to function smoothly. It’s really time to ask: by foregoing hydration, what are you really doing to your body?
How much water have you had today?
Few health tactics are as easy as drinking water. Start with the goal of 1 oz. water per pound of body weight per day. With sufficient hydration, you will notice an uptick in the way you feel, look and function. As an office of chiropractic, we particularly focus on how hydration affects the spine. Here are the benefits to be derived from nourishing your body with water:
- Lubrication of spinal joints and the easing of discomfort associated with back pain
- Hydration of intervertebral discs helps strengthen them against degeneration
- Hydration protects tissues throughout the body, including those that surround the spine.
- Water optimizes cellular repair and function
- Helps the body remove destructive waste and toxins
- Assists red blood cells in the transport of oxygen and nutrients throughout the body
From a spinal care and a total health care perspective, there is no ingredient that does more for your body than water. If you are carrying back pain into the new year and you are ready to make a change, water is the place to start.
Holistic healthcare solutions for residents of Ramsey
At our office in Ramsey, we are dedicated to helping you get ahead with your healthcare this new year. Water is a great place to start, but so is a chiropractic adjustment! Our all natural modalities help realign your spine, reduce back pain and improve range of motion to get you moving into the new year with gusto. If you are interested in starting the new year off with a healthier back, give us a call to schedule an appointment today.