It is a common misconception that chiropractic care is only for the young and athletic. The truth is, there are a number of amazing benefits chiropractic care can offer seniors. Unfortunately, many seniors are unaware of these benefits.
The Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Seniors
There are a wide number of benefits and advantages available to seniors through chiropractic care, such as:
- pain relief
- increased range of motion
- increased balance and coordination
- decreased joint degeneration
- increased health and well being
- decreased incidence of falling
- keeping seniors out of nursing homes
Medical Research Supports the Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Seniors
Aches and pains don’t have to be a part of growing older. There is no need for seniors to suffer needlessly. Chiropractic provides amazing benefits and has an outstanding record of safety and effectiveness.
Consider these findings of recent medical research:
- Seniors who used chiropractic care were more likely to engage in regular exercise.
- 44% of those who used chiropractic care reported having arthritis compared with 66% in the non-chiropractic care group
- At three years follow-up, less than 5% of those who used chiropractic care lived in a nursing home compared to a staggering 48% of those who did not use chiropractic care.
If there is a special senior in your life that is struggling with pain, discomfort, immobility or other issues inhibiting their mobility and active lifestyle, then it may be time to consider regular chiropractic care.
Contact Family Chiropractic & Spinal Health Care Center today to schedule your consultation.